The Honours Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics emphasizes the biophysical sciences of human kinetics, with a focus on the role that biological, anatomical, musculoskeletal, and neuro-motor systems have on motor performance, and the impact of sport and physical activity on the body. It provides the knowledge, skills and techniques required for you to play a leading role in developing and implementing evidence-based approaches that maintain and improve human movement, and lead to positive health outcomes for different populations in a variety of settings.
Potential additional certifications:
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Exercise Physiologist); Registered Kinesiologist
- Registered Kinesiologist
- APA 4211 - Internship/Clinical Experience with over 150 different organizations in the Nation’s Capital Region
- Personal trainer
- Exercise physiologist
- Laboratory coordinator or assistant
- Sport coaches
- Teachers of physical and health education
APA 1161 Introduction to Biophysical Aspects of Human Movement
APA 1313 Musculoskeletal Anatomy
APA 2120 Motor Control and Learning
APA 2140 Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
APA 2114 Biomechanical Analysis of Human Movement
APA 2180 Research Methods in Human Kinetics
APA 2301 Exercise Physiology
APA 2314 Laboratory Techniques in Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics
APA 3381 Measurement and Data Analysis in Human Kinetics
APA 3120 Psychomotor Behaviour Laboratory
- Interdisciplinary health sciences
- Rehabilitation studies
- Biomedical research
Choose Human Kinetics at uOttawa
- The Faculty of Health Sciences offers exceptional practicum and career placement opportunities and is located close to government, industry leaders and a vast hospital network.
- We are a cross-road of languages and cultures and the largest bilingual university in the world.
- The University of Ottawa ranks among the top 2% of universities in the world and top 10 best universities in Canada, with state-of-the-art learning and research facilities, and a French Immersion Stream.
- Our main campus is right in downtown Ottawa #BywardMarket.
- A brand new light rail station right on campus with a transit pass included in your tuition fees.
- Ottawa ranks 1st among Canadian cities for quality of life.
Discover what SHK students and alumni have to say about their student experience and career path.