Make your transition to campus life easy. We offer lots of resources and services for students at all levels.
Succeed in your studies
- Undergraduate Student Guide: Information on getting your student card, enrolling for your courses, finding your timetable online and more. It also can help you with finding work or a place to live, as well as with asserting your rights, if you ever face discrimination, violence or academic problems.
- Student Academic Success Service (SASS): A free network of services and programs including the Academic Writing Help Centre, the Counselling and Coaching Service, study groups and more. Delivered by professionals and fellow students, SASS programs and services help you with your academic, career and personal goals.
- Mentoring Centre: Our Faculty of Health Sciences Student Mentoring Program offers student mentor-led workshops, study groups, discussion forums and more to help you with academic, career and personal issues, and help you become a part of the Faculty of Health Sciences community.
- Library services: The intellectual hub of the campus. Borrow books, laptops and iPads, reserve rooms for your study group, get research help from librarians and more.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program: Be part of world-renowned research! The Undergraduate Research Opportunity program (UROP) allows you to contribute hours to a research project conducted by a professor of your choice in second or third year.
- Work-Study Program: Work on campus part time during the academic year. Earn extra money and gain valuable work experience that will make you more employable when you graduate.
- Graduate students: The Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) offers part-time teaching, teacher assistant and research assistant positions for graduate students.
- Community Life Service: Discover hundreds of social and cultural activities on campus each year.
- Food Services: Enjoy over 20 food locations on campus, including the Dining Hall, satellite cafés and food trucks.
- Sports Services: Stay healthy and active by joining one of the competitive or intramural sports teams, and enjoy free access to recreational activities and sports facilities
- University of Ottawa Housing Service: Live in residence, minutes from where you learn, work and play.