Resources for researchers
The University of Ottawa has a comprehensive structure in place to deal with all aspects of research, from processing grant applications to submitting final project reports. Researchers should understand and abide by the applicable set of policies, procedures and guidelines, which are available online, along with links to information from other prospective funding organizations.
Learn more about the Office of the Vice-President, Research.
Faculty of Health Sciences Research Office
The Research Office assists researchers as well as research teams at all stages and with all aspects of grant proposals. This includes:
- Consultation on financing opportunities or budget revision. Email fssrecherche@uOttawa.ca and mention what you hope to accomplish during your consultation session. A member of the Research Office will follow up to schedule a meeting.
- Second readings or recycling of your application. Submit a formal request to your school director at least four weeks prior to the application deadline. Include your project objective and a brief summary of the assistance you need. Once your request is approved, a member of the Research Office will contact you to obtain the necessary documents (form, project and budget descriptions, CV) and to schedule a meeting.
- Information sessions. The Research Office regularly organizes information sessions for researchers to discuss news and changes related to “tri-council” (SSHRC, NSERC and CIHR) policies and grant programs as well as new programs and opportunities (e.g., MITACS, OCE, Genome Canada).
- Information dissemination via the monthly e-newsletter, including new funding opportunities.
- Discussing strategies for grant applications (most appropriate type of grant and granting agency, what expertise is needed, pilot versus full grant proposals, etc.).
- Assisting in the creation of research teams for grant proposals.
- Liaising between researchers and uOttawa services, such as the Innovation Support Services (contracts, IPs, material transfers), Research Management Services (institutional signatures, internal and external grant applications) and the Purchasing (cost estimates).
RE form process – what to do?
Before submitting a grant application or contract, you must obtain approval of your RE form from your school director and the vice-dean research of the Faculty. Follow these steps to get your RE form.
Once you have followed the steps and generated the signature pages, submit them via email or in person to your school director and the Research Office (fssrecherche@uOttawa.ca). You must also include a draft of your project and budget, and send everything at least five business days prior to your deadline.
Visit the University of Ottawa eAwards platform (login required).*
* Please note that the Faculty does not have access to the information submitted via the eAwards platform. Employees cannot see RE form attachments and content.