Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. for any questions or comments you might have.
FIELDWORK EDUCATORS: Placement Kit
In this section you will find the necessary documents and tools to guide your planning and supervision time.
- M.O.T. DECC
- M.O.T. DECC e-from
- Guide to Fieldwork 1 – Supervisor Process
- Observation Placement with Collaborative Group Supervision - Suggested Learning Activities and Placement Procedures (4 page pdf)
- Peer Assessment of Collaborative Competencies – Placement 1 (1 page pdf)
- Performance Evaluation Placement 1 - Initiation to OT (Masters Program in Occupational Therapy) (2 pages pdf)
- Guide to the fieldwork 2, supervision process (4 pages pdf)
- Guide to the fieldwork 3, supervision process (4 pages pdf)
- Guide to the fieldwork 4, supervision process (4 pages pdf)
- Guide to the fieldwork 5, supervision process (4 pages pdf)
- List of learning and performance monitoring activities (4 pages pdf)
- Visual course mapping - OT- UofO (1 page pdf)
- Course descriptions - OT - UofO (13 pages pdf)
STUDENTS: Placement Documentation
- See M.O.T. DECC and related documents in the clinical educators' placement kit section.
- Continuing education plan e-form (2 pages MS Word)
- Travel allowance - mileage.(1 page Excel)
- Trousse de stage (13 pages PDF)
- Placement evaluation_e-form (4 pages MS Word)
CLINICAL SITE APPROVAL PROCESS
Clinical sites have to be approved by the university of Ottawa fieldwork coordinator according to the Canadian Guidelines for Clinical Education in Occupational Therapy established by the Canadian association of occupational therapy university program (ACPUE/CAOTUP)
The Guidelines provide principles guiding the fieldwork education experience; responsibilities of students, clinical educators and fieldwork coordinators; as well as tools and processes to support quality in Canadian occupational therapy clinical education. Should you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Moreover, an agreement between the University of Ottawa and clinical sites must be valid. A short term agreement is sent to facilities providing a placement outside of the University of Ottawa catchment area a few weeks before the beginning of the clinical experience. For regular partners, the agreement is of long-term duration.