Office: (613) 562-5800 ext. 4242
Work E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. MacIntosh researches and teaches on various organizational behavior and marketing in sport topics covering management concepts such as organizational culture, leadership, corporate image and brand. His research delves into the functioning of the organization and how leadership can form and shape organizational culture which can transmit positively internally and outwardly into the marketplace. Dr. MacIntosh has worked with and researched many prominent national and international sport organizations (e.g., Commonwealth Games Federation, GoodLife Fitness, Right to Play, NHL, IOC). He is a well published scholar, an avid speaker in sport management. Dr. MacIntosh is co-editor of International Sport Management and currently co-authoring a textbook on Organizational Behavior in Sport.
- Sport Management
The concept of building an organizational culture that is strong, authentic and results producing continues to drive my research. Currently, I am working with a number of prominent sport event rights holders and their leadership to determine the athlete stakeholder’s experiences with the Games environment, the influence the environment has on athlete performance, and how to create athlete centric Games. My research also considers how different culture’s work together within a similar sport context and has implications on intercultural management.
- MacIntosh, E., Arellano, A., & Forneris, T. (2016). Exploring the community and external-agency partnership in sport-for-development programming. European Sport Management Quarterly, 16(1), 38-57.
- MacIntosh, E. (2015). Youth athlete major event experiences: Brand co-creators and ambassadors. Sport in Society. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17430437.2015.1088724.
- MacIntosh, E., & Law, B. (2015). Should I stay or should I go? Exploring the decision to join, maintain, or cancel a fitness membership. Managing Leisure, 20(3), 191-210.
- MacIntosh, E., Capstick, L, & Spence, K. (2015). Management challenges in delivering an international sport and development program. Sport, Business, Management, an International Journal, 5(3), 276-296. .
- MacIntosh, E., & Weckend-Dill, S. (2015). The Athletes Perspective. In Chappelat, J, & Parent, M.M. Handbook of Sport Events, Routledge, p125-138.
- Parent, M., Kristiansen, E., & MacIntosh, E. (2014). Athletes' Experiences at the Youth Olympic Games: Perceptions, Stressors and Discourse Paradox. Event Management. 18, 303-324
- Parent, M., & MacIntosh, E. (2013). Organizational culture evolution in temporary organizations: The case of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 30(4), 223-237.
- MacIntosh, E., & Spence, K. (2012). An exploration of stakeholder values: In search of common ground within an international sport and development initiative. Sport Management Review, 15, 404-415
- MacIntosh, E., & Walker, M. (2012). Chronicling the transient nature of fitness employees: An organizational culture perspective. Journal of Sport Management, 26(2), 113-126.
- MacIntosh, E., & Nichol, L. (2012). The athlete’s sport event experience of the XIX Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India. International Journal of Event and Festival Management, 3(1), 12-29.
- MacIntosh, E., Li, M., & Bravo, G. (2011). Inter-cultural Management in Sport Organizations, pp. 53-69. In Li, M., MacIntosh, E., & Bravo (Eds.), International Sport Management.
- Li, M., MacIntosh, E., & Bravo, G. (2011). International sport management. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- MacIntosh, E., Doherty, A., & Walker, M. (2010). Cross-sectoral variation in organizational culture in the fitness industry. European Sport Management Quarterly, 10(4), 445-464.
- MacIntosh, E., & Doherty, A. (2010). The effect of organizational culture on job satisfaction and intention to leave: An examination of the fitness industry. Sport Management Review, 13(2), 106-117.
- Crow, R.B., & MacIntosh, E. (2009). Conceptualizing a meaningful definition of hazing in sport. European Sport Management Quarterly, 9(4), 433-451.
- MacIntosh, E., & Doherty, A. (2007). Extending the scope of organizational culture. The external perception of an internal phenomenon. Sport Management Review, 10(1), 45-65.
- MacIntosh, E., & Doherty, A. (2007). Reframing the service environment in the fitness industry. Managing Leisure, 12(4), 273-289.
- MacIntosh, E. & Doherty, A. (2005). Leader intentions and employee perceptions of organizational culture in a private fitness corporation. European Sport Management Quarterly, 5(1), 1-22.
- MacIntosh, E., & Sotiradou, P. (2016). The role of the Youth Games on pre-elite athletes’ performances and transition to the Commonwealth Games. Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand, November, 23-25, 2016.
- MacIntosh, E. (2014). Building a sport club brand following a franchise failure. North American Society of Sport Management Conference, Pittsburgh, May 29.
- MacIntosh, E. (2013). Should I stay or should I go? Solving the retention problem in public fitness. European Association of Sport Management, Istanbul, Turkey, September 13.
- Seguin, B., & MacIntosh, E. (2013). Co-creation and destruction of value. European Association of Sport Management, Istanbul, Turkey, September 14.
- MacIntosh, E., Arellano, A., & Forneris, T. (2012). Shoot to Score: Hockey for Development? Presented at the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada Conference, St. John’s, NFLD, June 10.
- MacIntosh, E., Arellano, A., & Forneris, T. (2012). Towards sustainable sport and development programs in two-thirds world communities. Presented at the North American Society for Sport Management, Seattle, May 25.
- MacIntosh, E. (2011). The athlete’s experience of the XIX Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India. Presented at the European Association for Sport Management, Madrid, Spain, September 7-10, 2011.
- Parent, M., & MacIntosh, E. (2011). The organizational culture of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games: Effectiveness, efficiency and stakeholder influences. Presented at the North American Society for Sport Management, London, Ontario, May 30-June 4.
- MacIntosh, E. (2010). The Commonwealth Games Association of Canada and sport for development: Examining stakeholders shared understandings of programs. Presented at the International Sport for Development and Peace Association Power of Sport Summit, Boston, June 10-12.