Room: MNT 361
Office: (613) 562-5800 ext. 2442
Work E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I began my career at the University of Ottawa in 1991. At the outset, I was primarily interested in the psychosocial aspect of leisure, especially among the elderly and Franco-Ontarians. I subsequently focused my attention on the process of maintaining participation in an active lifestyle by studying the life profiles of people who are active and involved in the field of recreational and competitive physical activity. Since the early 2000, I have been focusing on the phenomenon of academic success and the evolution of personal identities of athletes in the university environment. I have a multiple assignments with the "Department of Studies in Leisure, Culture and Tourism" at the University of Quebec in Trois-Rivières. I am also a member of the editorial board of the scientific journal "Loisir et Société".
- The psychosocial aspect of leisure
- Maintaining participation in an active lifestyle
- Academic success in the university environment
- MacCosham, B., Gravelle, F. (accepted). Dropping Out of Hockey as a Negotiation Strategy for Developing Leisure Interests. Annals of Leisure Research.
- MacCosham, B., Gravelle, F. (accepted). A Model for Achieving Short-Term and Long-Term Goals in a Leisure Career. Society and Leisure
- MacCosham, B., Gravelle, F. (accepted). Leisure lifestyle’s influence on perception of serious leisure, identity and performance: A look at dropout amateur Junior hockey players, Society and Leisure
- MacCosham, B., Gravelle, F. (in press). Impact of Casual Leisure on Serious Leisure Experiences and Identity in a Canadian Junior Hockey Context. Leisure/loisir.
- Gravelle F., Karlis G., Adjizian J.M., Auger D., A model for a community leisure initiative analysis, Loisir et Société / Society and Leisure, 38:2, 184-194, 2015.
- Fortier J., Gravelle F., The democratic universe of leisure: From public participation to citizen action, Loisir et Société / Society and Leisure, 38:2, 159-161, 2015.
- Fortier J., Gravelle F., L’univers démocratique du loisir : de la participation publique à l’action citoyenne, Loisir et Société / Society and Leisure, 38:2, 162-165, 2015.
- MacCosham, B., Philippe Patry, P., Beswick, C., Gravelle, F., Leisure Lifestyle and Dropout: Exploring the Experience of Amateur Athletes in Competitive Sport. International Journal of Sport Management, Recreation and Tourism Vol.20, 20-39, 2015.
- Gravelle F., Karlis G., Rothschild-Checroune E., The “Football Family” as a Supportive Academic Environment: A Study of Varsity Athletes. dans The Sport Journal October 2, 2014.
- Gravelle F., Robitaille D., “Le DLTA et le PNCE comme outils de développement communautaire: le cas de l’Association ontarienne d’haltérophilie (OWA)”, suites de la conférence du 14e Congrès canadien de recherche en loisir de l’Association canadienne d’étude en loisir, Halifax (mai 2014).
- Rothschild-Checroune, E., Gravelle F., Karlis G., Dawson D., "Balancing Academic and Athletic Time Management: A qualitative exploration of first year student athletes’ university football experiences", Loisir et Société / Society and Leisure, 35 (2) p. 211-242 2012.