Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences
The Honours Bachelor in Health Sciences program is defined by its integrative approach for studying health. Students are provided with a foundational biosciences core, research analytical skills training in a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies within a broader interdisciplinary context of the social and environmental determinants of health. This unique academic approach allows students to discover innovative ways to examine, measure and unravel complex health problems at all life stages, in Canada and around the world.
Future health professionals will be challenged to understand biological, environmental and social factors, both in isolation and as interactive health determinants. The curriculum contains a research methodologies core to provide students with applied, quantitative and qualitative transferrable skills for post-graduate training or employment. Professors will translate their research expertise in integrative health biosciences, health technologies and population health to the classroom. This program also includes select opportunities to conduct research thesis projects and participate in interdisciplinary health sciences fieldwork.
Graduates will be well-prepared to undertake health-related MSc programs or pursue careers in public or private health agencies, non-governmental health organizations or in community health programs. Students are provided with the necessary foundation for further studies in medicine, rehabilitation studies, dentistry or pharmacy. Our interdisciplinary focus enhances the quality and maturity of future clinicians and health professionals.
This program is offered in English and in French.
- Population and Public Health
- Technologies and Innovation in Healthcare
- Integrative Health Biosciences
1. Students admitted in fall 2018 or earlier:
2. Students admitted in the fall 2019 or after:
- Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences – Population and Public Health Option
- Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences – Technologies and Innovation in Healthcare Option
- Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences – Integrative Health Biosciences Option