CRHN brings together Canadian and international researchers, trainees and knowledge users to actively promote the generation and uptake of research knowledge to improve health and nursing for patients, providers, organizations, and health care systems.
Vision and Goals
To be a national and international research hub to improve health and nursing in Canada and the world.
- To build the research capacity of health care trainees, clinicians, leaders, and researchers in Canada and internationally.
- To study knowledge mobilization in diverse health care settings.
- To promote evidence-informed practice/policy change through knowledge translation and dissemination of research findings.
- To evaluate health and nursing outcomes at the individual, organizational and system levels.
- To explore patient and provider perspectives and experiences of health and nursing care.
From Our Directors
At the University of Ottawa we are excited and honoured to be in partnership with the Canadian Nurses Association, the national voice of nursing.Through our research centre, we will bring together Canadian and international researchers, trainees, and knowledge users to actively promote the generation and uptake of research knowledge, and improve health and nursing for Canada and around the world.
- Wendy Gifford, Co-Director, CRHN and Wendy Peterson, Associate Director, CRHN
As we strive continually to strengthen the rigour of our policy work, the Canadian Nurses Association is excited to have the opportunity to work in partnership with the University of Ottawa Centre for Research on Health and Nursing. We look forward to the coming years of collaboration on work to support our shared aims of better health, better care and better value bolstered by an informed nursing workforce.
- Michael Villeneuve, Co-Director, CRHN