Students will acquire knowledge through theoretical and experiential learning. Kinesiology involves the application of principles from biomechanics, physiology, and motor behaviour to improve peoples’ functional movement, motor performance, and to manage and prevent injury and disease. Students will gain theoretical and practical training, and will acquire skills to critically examine literature in the biophysical sciences of human movement. This program is recognized by the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (COKO).
Students completing the BScHK Applied Studies in Kinesiology have direct entry to the COKO examination to become Registered Kinesiologist.
Why choose this program
In addition to enabling you to become and practice as a Registered Kinesiologist, this program offers an outstanding training for any medical, clinical, biophysical science pathway.
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Exercise Physiologist)
- College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (Registered Kinesiologist)
- Personal trainer
- Exercise physiologist
- Laboratory coordinator or assistant
- Sport coaches
- Teachers of physical and health education
- Human Kinetics
- Interdisciplinary health sciences
- Physiotherapy/ Occupation Therapy
- Biomedical research