Students will acquire knowledge and have opportunities to apply what they learn in various types of organizations and contexts related to sport, leisure and physical activity. They will gain theoretical and practical training in governance and management principles, related to planning, policy making, marketing, entrepreneurship, and communications. Students will critically examine the impacts of organizations, sport events and festivals, and learn to evaluate the influence of policy relating to sport, leisure and physical activity, on individuals and society.
Why choose this program
This program offers an excellent multidisciplinary training in human kinetics with an emphasis in social sciences, but also provides you with more courses related to sport management and leisure. The outstanding academics and research produced in this area at the SHK combined with the location of Ottawa as the capital of Canada and heart to so many sport and leisure organizations at all levels.
- APA 4211 - Internship/Clinical experience
- APA 4200 Research Project
- Sport and recreation management
- Development of recreation services and fitness programs in the community
- Health and physical activity promotion
- Governmental, for-profit, and non-profit organizations
- Organizations in national amateur or professional sport
- Municipal recreation departments
- Sport events management and planning
- Professional sport teams
- Commercial sector
- Human Kinetics
- Sports Management