Students will acquire knowledge and have opportunities to apply what they learn to interventions in physical activity, education and coaching that enrich peoples’ lives. They will gain theoretical and practical training in why and how to encourage people to become more active and how to better peoples’ experiences in various contexts of physical activity, education and coaching. Students will critically examine how various intervening roles, especially in teaching and coaching, lead to improved health, well-being, development, learning, and performance in individuals and society, and will learn to develop, implement and evaluate programs.
Why choose this program
The School of Human Kinetics (SHK) has a world renowned experts in coaching, mental health and sport pedagogy.
Nous sommes le plus grand groupe de professeurs de psychologie et pédagogie de l'activité physique et du sport en Amérique du Nord ; la plupart de nos professeurs ont été et sont financés par le CRSH.
Nos consultants travaillent avec des athlètes olympiques et d'autres athlètes de haut niveau.
Nous disposons d'un centre de formation et de recherche de pointe, le "Centre de formation pour l'intervention et la consultation dans le sport, l'activité physique et la santé.
- Development of recreation services and fitness programs in the community (e.g., community clubs, campus recreation departments, employee wellness programs)
- Sport coaches, teachers of physical and health education in schools
- Mental performance consultants in high-performance sport (e.g., sport academies)
- Exercise consultants and health promoters working in community health centres
- ‘Active Living’ or ‘Get Fit’ media communications
- Policymaking in the public, private and non-profit sectors
- Development of recreation services and fitness programs in the community
- Health and physical activity promotion
- Human Kinetics
- Psychology/ Pedagogy
- Intervention and Consultation