The Faculty Council :
- Submits recommendations to and requests for approval from the Senate for:
- The development of, or changes to Faculty academic programs, including interdisciplinary and inter-faculty programs;
- The policy and conditions for admission to the Faculty and the requirements for student promotion;
- All policies affecting the well-being and growth of the Faculty.
- Approves, unless otherwise indicated, the powers, functions and membership of the permanent Faculty committees and any other permanent or ad hoc committees required.
- Provides feedback to the administrative team on the frameworks of the Faculty's strategic and development plans.
- Receives all periodic reports from the Faculty before they are submitted to the University Central Administration.
- Establishes its own bylaws and general regulations, subject to approval by the Senate or the Board of Governors.