Room: RGN 3038
Office: (613) 562-5800 ext. 8422
Fax: (613) 562-5443
Work E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A graduate of Hôpital Sainte-Justine de Montréal, Professor Tourigny worked with sick children and their families for several years. She began her career as a professor in 1988 at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario, after obtaining her Masters of Nursing. She has taught at the Faculty of Health Sciences' School of Nursing since 1995 and she completed her PhD studies in 1996. Professor Tourigny is a member of the College of Nurses of Ontario and participates in reviewing manuscripts and journals such as the Journal of Advanced Nursing and L'Infirmière clinicienne. She is also an associate researcher at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute and at the Montfort Hospital Research Institute. She has also written a book on preparing parents and children for day surgery and is actively involved in the adaptation of textbooks in pediatric care.
- Pre-surgery preparation for children and parents
- Emotional distress in young children
- Parental education
- Parental participation in child care
- Role of fathers in healthcare
- Health of Francophone families in minority settings
* The University of Ottawa does not sponsor, endorse, review or monitor the contents of personal Web pages of its faculty, students or staff on World-Wide Web sites using University facilities.