Jeffrey W. Jutai
Jeffrey W. Jutai
Ph.D., Psychology, UBC
M.Sc., Psychology, UBC
B.Sc., Psychology, University of Toronto
Office: (613) 562-5800 ext. 5254
Fax: (613) 562-5632
Work E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Jutai is a psychologist who received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of British Columbia and his B.Sc. from the University of Toronto. For more than twenty years, he has been doing research on assistive technologies for persons of all ages who have a sensory or physical disability. Dr. Jutai has significant experience and expertise with research syntheses (systematic reviews) on topics relating to physical rehabilitation. At the University of Ottawa, he has taught course on technology and health, information systems in health, and experiences of illness, impairment, disability, and health care.
Prof. Jutai’s research is focused on:
- Measuring the functional and quality-of-life outcomes of assistive technologies for persons who have a disability.
- Understanding the factors that affect the adoption and use of assistive technologies.
- Jutai JW, Southall K, van den Heuvel E. (2011). Measuring the psychosocial impact of continence management technologies. Generations Review, April, 1-3.
- Fok, D., Polgar, J., Shaw, L. & Jutai, J. (2011). Low vision assistive technology device usage and importance in daily occupations. Work. A Journal of Prevention, Assessment and Rehabilitation, 39(1), 37-48.
- Jutai JW. (2011). End-user participation in developing the Assistive Technology Outcomes Profile for Mobility (ATOP/M). In: GJ Gelderblom et al. (Eds.), Everyday technology for independence and care. Amsterdam: IOS Press, pp: 1026-1032.
- Strong JG, Jutai JW, Plotkin AD. (2011). Competitive enablement: a client-centred conceptual model for device selections in low vision rehabilitation. In: GJ Gelderblom et al. (Eds.), Everyday technology for independence and care. Amsterdam: IOS Press, pp: 1033-1042.
- Auger C, Tamblyn R, Miller WC, Jutai J. (2011). The MOvIT project phase I: designing a mobility device monitoring intervention with end-users and healthcare providers. In: GJ Gelderblom et al. (Eds.), Everyday technology for independence and care. Amsterdam: IOS Press, pp: 1018-1025.
- Meyers EM, Jutai JW. (2011). The disability experience: living with a birth defect resulting from thalidomide exposure. Interdisciplinary Student Journal of Health Sciences (University of Ottawa), 2(2), 25-32.
- Bode RK, Jutai JW, Heinemann AW, Fuhrer MJ. (2010). The Assistive Technology Outcomes Profile for Mobility (ATOP/M): Development of activity limitations and participation restriction item banks. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 91(10), e36.
- Mortenson W, Demers L, Jutai J, Fuhrer M, Lenker J, DeRuyter F. (2010). Impacts of Assistive Technology Interventions on Informal Caregivers of Adults with Chronic Physical Impairments: A Systematic Review. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 91(10), e38.
- Shoemaker, L.L., Lenker, J.A., Fuhrer, M.J., Jutai, J.W., Demers, L., DeRuyter, F. (2010). Development and evaluation of a new taxonomy of mobility-related assistive technology devices. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2010 Oct;89(10):795-808.
- Salter K, Jutai J, Foley N, Teasell R. (2010). The Clinical Outcome Variables Scale (COVS): A retrospective validation study. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, 42(7):609-13.
- Lenker, J.A., Fuhrer, M.J., Jutai, J.W., Demers, L., DeRuyter, F. (2010). Treatment Theory, Intervention Specification, and Treatment Fidelity in Assistive Technology Outcomes Research. Assistive Technology, 22(3), 129-38.
- Auger C, Demers L, Gélinas I, Miller WC, Jutai JW, Noreau L. Life-space mobility of middle-aged and older adults at various stages of usage of power mobility devices. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2010;91:765-73.
- Auger, C., Demers, L., Gélinas, I., Miller W.C., Jutai, J., Noreau, L., Depa, M. Power mobility use among community living older Canadians: Predicting the impact on new and experienced users. Gerontechnology, 2010; 9(2):138-139.
- DeRuyter, F., Fuhrer, M.J., Demers, L., Lenker, J., Jutai, J. (2010). Assistive Technology Outcome Data Capture, Management and Reporting Tools. Gerontechnology, 9(2), 119-120.