About the School of Nursing
Vision and Mission
The School of Nursing is committed to making a significant contribution to quality nursing care through excellence in education and research to advance knowledge in the field for individual and collective wellbeing.
- Educate professional nurses from undergraduate to masters and doctorate levels.
- Lead research and other scholarly activities to advance knowledge and improve practice in the field of nursing.
- Play a leadership role in disseminating knowledge, fostering excellence in nursing practice, and participating in nursing and interdisciplinary decision-making bodies.
- Teach nursing sciences and contribute to scholarly activities in French and English in keeping with the Universitys bilingual mandate.
- Teach nursing sciences and contribute to scholarly activities while respecting and promoting diversity.
- Ensure a learning environment free from violence.
- Develop excellence in the nursing sciences both nationally and internationally through teaching, research and clinical practice partnerships.
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration to widen the foundations of knowledge in health care.